Thursday, March 1, 2012

A little too late

Wow, having Nathan back to his crazy self after him being sick and quiet and calm for a few days made me realize how much I've screwed up as a parent! I've babied him so much since I knew he would be our only child. And boy has it really kicked me in the butt!

After taking him to the doctor, and her pointing out that his behavior is not normal for a 3 year old, I've really opened my eyes.

He refuses to listen to me. When I try to talk to him, he just talks back to me in a high pitched voice, or just completely ignores me! I have never really been one to read parenting books, maybe that's where I screwed up, and sadly I don't have a lot of friends to get parenting advice from.

So if any of the few followers I have, have any advice for me... I'd love to hear! I'm desperate!!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

EmilyB said...

Oh girl! Sometimes I just think that's part of being a kid. Alanna talks back to me too and sometimes tells me no in my face! We use a mix of time out and for the very bad offenses a swat on the butt. Maybe a naughty mat like super nanny would work too. I just know that you have to discipline and you have to be consistent. I just always think...do I want to do this now or later? I screaming and fit throwing 10 year old is not cute. GOOD LUCK!!!